Sunday, October 25, 2009
The Chinese Tour + The Water Town
Day Twelve: We had to get up early to go to a tour, but only when we got in the van did mom say that she now thought it was a Chinese tour, so here we were being moved into the bus to take a Chinese tour to the water town (the Chinese Venice). So were stuck on the bus. I read “Eldest” with a Chinese tour guide talking in my ears till HONK went the bus and it drove off the road into a gas station. Then the bus driver and the tour guide got out of the bus to see the truck we hit, although I couldn’t see anything wrong. We all had to switch buses and get on with another tour group (Chinese too), and it’s back to reading. After we got there and were given something to clip on your shirt, they took our picture for some odd reason. Time to start. After walking through some streets to a palace (back in-the-day) and taking pictures, we were getting pretty bored. Apparently the Chinese people thought the tour guide was boring too, for several of them were chatting on cell phones and with each other. After a while, they took us and showed us some famous pork (so said a young college man) who we discovered in our tour. After awhile they took us to a restaurant (where we ordered some of that pork) and were free to shop. At 3:15 p.m., we met back at the bus, and I read all the way back. When we got back it was 6:30ish, so we ate dinner and retired for the day. I also discovered I couldn’t get on webkinz on this little netbook because the screen is so small it will not load the whole page, so I loaded a little more than ½ of the page and that’s it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment